[texworks] Feature suggestions, and possible bug report

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Aug 20 22:49:05 CEST 2016

Philip Taylor wrote:

> Possible bug report.
>
> At V4.5, progressive compilation remained visible and active in the transcript pane, displaying (in the absence of anything else) consecutive page numbers in square brackets.  At V5+, compilation appears to "freeze" after a number of pages, and nothing then appears in the transcript window until the compilation has completed.  This also appears to seriously impact other processes in the system.  Environment :  Windows 7 Ultimate, 16Gb RAM.
I can now confirm that this appears to occur IFF the PDF preview pane is displaying the PDF currently being compiled.  In my case, all dynamically-created files are created in a sub-directory parallel to the source files (i.e., --output-directory=../dynamic-content/) -- I do not know whether this may be significant.

--

Philip Taylor