[texworks] Need Help creating a script

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Jun 18 01:13:39 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-17 at 16:41:39 -0400, Mark Yagnatinsky wrote:

 > why not just use search & replace?

This is exactly what Johannes had in mind when he said that he
probably needs regular expressions.  The usual search & replace
functions don't allow to specify the end of a line in the search part.

IMO it would be best if TeXwork's find_&_replace mechanism supports
regular expressions natively, one way or another, without the need to
call external scripts.  Regexps are supported by Qt, hence the
implementation shouldn't be too difficult.

The difficult part is the user interface.  Since TeXworks is supposed
to lower the barrier to entry, unexperienced users shouldn't be
bothered with things they don't understand.  On the other hand it's
necessary to support experienced users too.

Designing a good graphical user interface is always a big challenge.

Regards,
  Reinhard

 > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Johannes Heck <heck.johannes at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > Dear TW-Users,
 > >
 > > I want to create a TW script that inserts a \\ linewrap at the
 > > end of every line of a selected text.  I guess I'll have to use
 > > some regex, but I don't now how to start...  Can anyone help?
 > >
 > > Thanks!

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de