[texworks] Removing the placeholders

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 4 16:05:04 CEST 2016

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 8:30 AM, Alain Delmotte <leliseron at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> Le 4/04/2016 12:53, Moti Ben-Ari a écrit :
>> I edited tw-latex.txt both to add a new completion and to remove the bullet placeholders. The new completion is accepted (so I know I'm doing something right!), but the placeholders are still inserted.
>> Thanks in advance for your help,
>> Moti
>
> You have two types of placeholders: #INS# and the bullet. #INS# is the main one.
> Which one did you remove?
>
> Personally I find the placeholders handy: being at the place of the main one and then by using Ctrl+Tab to move to the next ones.

Howdy,

And a place holder at the very end of an environment expansion allows you to skip all the way there with the same keystroke.

I think folks also feel they have to select the placeholder, delete it and then enter the replacement. That just isn't true! The Ctl-Tab will move to and select the next placeholder and then simply typing will replace it with the text you enter.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)