[texworks] [XeTeX] Overfull boxes return status of 0 in XeTeX

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 13 16:30:33 CET 2016

Julian Bradfield wrote:

> You are living 30 years ago. Today (or even 10 years ago), grepping a
> log file for specified text consumes an unnoticeable amount of time
> for any log file generated by a non-pathological TeX run, and it
> allows TeXworks' problems to be solved by TeXworks, as they should be.

I respectfully disagree.  I am advocating the philosophically correct
approach, requiring a small amount of work by a small number of people
-- those responsible for eTeX, PdfTeX and XeTeX :  I assume that LuaTeX
can already handle this, as opposed to an inelegant and inefficient
work-around which may require a considerable amount of work by an
unknown but potentially somewhat larger set of people -- those
responsible for the various now-and-future front-ends to *TeX.

Philip Taylor