[texworks] [XeTeX] Overfull boxes return status of 0 in XeTeX

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 13 14:18:58 CET 2016

Zdeněk Wagner wrote:

> Is such a tiny time so important?

No, but the correct approach is (IMHO, of course).  We can either extend
*TeX (for a very small set of *TeX) to conditionally return a non-zero
status IFF some pre-determined set of constraints obtain, or we can
require each designer/implementor/maintainer of a front end to *TeX to
design a log parser to try to ascertain whether or not these constraints
obtain.  Is the first approach not preferable on both theoretical and
practical grounds ?

** Phil.