[texworks] Call for Help: Testing for the upcoming release

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Mar 11 09:51:34 CET 2016

Dear Stefan, cc TeXworks community --

> I want to elicit your help in testing the current
> version of TeXworks. Up to date precompiled binaries are currently
> available for the following operating systems:
>
>  * Windows:
> https://bintray.com/texworks/Windows-latest/TeXworks-for-Windows%3Alatest/view

I am very keen to assist with the testing of this, as I rely on TeXworks
and use it every day, but the hosting site setup leaves me completely
bemused.  I click on "Set me up" and am told :

>     Downloading
>         Using this repo with cURL
>         You can directly download a file by using:
>         curl -L "https://dl.bintray.com/texworks/Windows-latest/<FILE_PATH>" -o <FILE.EXT>

after which nothing whatsoever appears to happen.  "Curl", is of course,
a command completely unknown to the Windows CMD interpreter.  What is
one intended to do in order to download this important application (and
-- completely off-topic -- why are sites such as "Bintray" so completely
unintuitive in their interfaces) ?

Philip Taylor