[texworks] New PDF previewer code

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:50:18 CET 2016

On 23.02.2016 11:45, Philip Taylor wrote:

> Philip Taylor wrote:
>
>> Where does one find a copy (Windows 32/64 binary) ?  The link from
>> TUG is only to a much older version :
>>
>>> https://www.tug.org/texworks/#Getting_TeXworks
> No, ignore that please.  The "online resources" section of that page
> links to the most recent binary :
>
>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5iVT8Q7W44pNDlQVm9uRGpEWHc&tid=0B5iVT8Q7W44pMkNLblFjUzdQUVE
> But I notice that the ZIP file does not include the DLL included with
> the production version; is it no longer needed ?

I assume you are referring to lua52.dll: yes, that should no longer be
needed (but be linked statically into TeXworks.exe). If you find that
Lua is no longer working, please tell me, though...
Also, the "latest" binaries don't include the manual, as they are
expected to be changing fairly often. To keep the download (relatively)
small, only the (more or less) essential stuff is in there.

Best,