[texworks] Texworks 2015 Windows auto spellcheck underline not working

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:40:40 CET 2016

Hi,

thanks for testing.

On 11.01.2016 23:26, Beuthe, Tatjana wrote:
> Having tested the latest portable version, I have come to the conclusion that the problem lies with the font size with in the tex file editor window.
> Fonts of 12 pt or under correctly display red underlining when an incorrect word is spelled. Any font size over 12 pt does not display red underlining.

Interesting. From browsing the Qt bug tracker and some own
experimentation, it seems that the positioning of the underline is
font-dependent; if it ends up too low, it is clipped.
So: can you try different fonts (from Format > Font...) and check if
some of them show the underline?

> Additionally in the 2015 version, when using a larger font, text highlighting does not appear immediately, but takes a few seconds to register. In other words, the texts starts out black for a few seconds before turning colorful. This appears to have been fixed in the portable version, but that may also be because the portable version is smaller and takes less time to load, so I don't know if it's really fixed or not.

Yes, this is/was an issue with Qt's layout algorithm; it could happen
that the normal text layout and the syntax highlighting interfered when
run concurrently, producing "invisible" lines that could crash Tw. Work
on this is still ongoing.

Best,