[texworks] Bibliographies within individual chapters

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 24 02:57:52 CET 2015

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 7:39 PM, Mark Yagnatinsky <markyag at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is not really a TeXworks question.  Try asking on TeX stackexchange.
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 4:14 AM, Moti Ben-Ari <moti.ben.ari at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I want to have separate bibliographies in each chapter. From the command
>> line I have no problem with the following structure and running pdflatex and
>> bibtex:
>>
>> In file main.tex:
>> \begin{document}
>> \bibliographystyle{...}
>> \include{chapter1}
>>
>> In file chapter1.tex:
>> \chapter{...}
>> \bibliography{main}
>>
>> In file main.bib:
>> @book{...}
>>
>> However, TeXworks doesn't compile the bib file even when I select:
>> pdflatex+makeindex+bibtex.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help,
>> Moti

Howdy,

1)take a look at the chapterbib package.
2)put together a latexmk tool for doing the compile. Latexmk can keep track of the different .aux files used by the chapterbib package and take care of all the compilations, bibtexing, etc.

I can help with creating a latexmk tool for TeXworks on Mac (with MacTeX installed) but know nothing about how to deal with things on other systems.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)