[texworks] TeXWorks running successfully in an Android / Debian compatability layer

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:59:05 CET 2015

I can report that this works well even for quite complex documents.

I have had to make a few adjustments/allowances for moving from MikTeX to
TeXLive, but so far there have been no problems directly related to the
Debian /over Android environment that TeXworks is operating under. So far
everything seems to be catered for.

All the TeXworks JavaScript scripts I have tried so far work as well,
including the TexWorks script  Colour dialogue I have been using for years
on the Windows version.

Document compilation even on a 2013 Samsung note 10.1 Android progresses at
a good pace, and memory allocation poses no problem even with the
Debian/Android compatibility layer.

Paul