[texworks] Plane 1 characters not visible in TeXworks

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Mon Sep 21 03:48:02 CEST 2015

Hi everybody --

I'm creating a test file using, among other things, the Old Italic
characters of Unicode (U+10300 etc.).  I copy and paste the characters
from elsewhere into TeXworks, but they are not visible. If I run the
cursor over the line, the right number of letters seem to be there, and
they show up correctly in the PDF after the file is typeset.  I can copy
the text from TeXworks into another app and the OI characters appear
just fine.  So they are there, just invisible.

I have tried two different fonts for editing in TeXworks, both of which
I know for certain contain the OI characters.  Any ideas why they are
invisible?

David