[texworks] Impossible to open bigger files with release 0.4.6

Hironobu YAMASHITA h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 19:44:18 CEST 2015

Hello,

I reproduced the same problem as Franky,
on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.

Sample .tex file is expl3-code.tex in l3kernel.
In my environment, the extension .tex is associated
with texworks.exe. So when I double-click on the file
icon of .tex, TeXworks starts and open it.
However, texworks almost hangs when a file is too
large like expl3-code.tex. Strangely, when I start
texworks.exe beforehand and open expl3-code.tex
from [File]-[Open...] menu, the file appears in less
than 5 seconds.

This is true on TeXworks 0.4.6 r.c29723a (official)
built with Qt 5.4.1​, but NOT true on TeXworks 0.4.5
r1280 (official) built with Qt 4.8.1

Regards,
Hironobu Y
​AMASHITA​