[texworks] Problem: TeXworks 0.4.6 (official) crashes

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 12 05:52:14 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 08.05.2015 03:45, Hironobu Yamashita wrote:
> From the version 0.4.6 of TeXworks, if a user clicks the red cross
> sign on the left
> upper part when the typeset procedure returns the error, TeXworks hangs.
> This event can be observed only when a typeset program calls child
> process, for example
> "xelatex.exe" (which calls internally "xetex.exe"), and for Japanese
> users using
> "ptex2pdf.exe" (which calls "platex.exe" and "dvipdfmx.exe" successively).

So far, I did not manage to reproduce this problem (with xelatex) on
either Windows XP (which I know is no longer supported; but I have it
easily accessible from my development environment) or Ubuntu 15.04. What
Windows version are you using?

> Could you rebuild & redistribute TeXworks with Qt5.3?

Thanks for looking into this in so much detail. I am working on
rebuilding TeXworks with Qt 5.4.1... (but building Qt takes quite some
time ;))

Kind regards,