[texworks] TeXworks development has moved

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:27:21 CET 2015

Hi,

as Google is discontinuing their Google Code service (which was used for
hosting the source code, issues, and a wiki for TeXworks), I have moved
TeXworks over to GitHub. This means that if you are interested in
following (or contributing to) the latest developments of TeXworks, a
few URLs change for you:

The new main entry point for the development is https://github.com/TeXworks/
The source code can be found at https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks
The issues (bug reports) can be found at
https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/issues
The wiki can be found at https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/wiki
The manual now has a separate repository at
https://github.com/TeXworks/manual (please report issues with the manual
there)

With the move to GitHub, the version control system also changed from
subversion (svn) to git. If you have been keeping a local working copy
via svn, I recommend abandoning it and grab a brand new working copy
using git. To do that, simply run
git clone https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks.git
which will create a new folder named "texworks" and put the sources in
it. If you don't have git, you can have a look at http://git-scm.com/
(on *nix systems, you can usually install it from a package manager).
To update your local working copy, run
git pull

Other than that, most things should stay pretty much the same.

I've already updated the homepage (http://www.tug.org/texworks/) to
point to GitHub, and I've also started updating the wiki. Please be
patient, though, as some quirks might take a while to be resolved.

If you are interested in contributing to TeXworks, help is always very
much appreciated. Please keep in mind that you don't need to be a master
programmer to contribute to TeXworks. There's the manual, there's the
wiki, there's the need for artwork, so any kind of help is welcome.

All the best,