[texworks] Question

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:39:33 CET 2015

Hi,

On 27.02.2015 13:31, Julian de la Horra wrote:
> I have a little question about Texworks.
> When I am writting a Latex document, I obviously need greek letters,
> symbols, ...
> Is it possible to find in Texworks an easy access to these type of
> symbols (avoiding to write the full command)?

Unfortunately, there currently is no list of symbols (e.g., as a
toolbar). This feature is planned, however.

That said, TeXworks has an autocomplete feature for which greek letters
are already set up. Simply type xa and then press the tab key to get
\alpha. Type xcg and tab to get \Gamma (a capital gamma) and so on. This
is pretty neat to speed up typing. Also, you can customize the
autocompletion feature and add your own snippets - it's documented in
the manual.

For finding symbols, I often use Detexify
(http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html). You can draw any shape you
like and it gives you matching TeX symbols.

For a list of most symbols known to LaTeX (directly or through common
packages), see "The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List" (probably available
in your TeX distribution as "comprehensive" package, or at
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/).

HTH