[texworks] Qt5 support

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:07:54 CET 2015

Hi,

On 07.01.2015 06:20, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> ** Vladimir Lomov [2015-01-05 19:48:57 +0800]:
>
>> I made a patch that allows me to compile TeXworks from SVN on my system
>> with Qt 5.4.
>>
>> Unfortunately, these changes make impossible to compile TeXworks vs Qt4.
>> In case questions I would be glab to comment proposed patch.
> Previous patch changes unrelated to Qt5 support file 'src/SvnRev.h', I
> have updated patch and posting it again.

Thanks for the patch(es). It seems to me, however, that they all relate
to the .pro files in some way. The qmake build system (which uses the
.pro files) has been superseded by the new CMake build system last year
(http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/texworks/2014q2/006026.html). It should be
Qt5 aware (it worked for me on Windows in the past) and has some other
added benefits (support for modules, custom library locations, etc.).
Could you please try the new build system and verify that/what parts of
your patch are needed with Qt 5.4? Some (updated) guideslines for
building can be found in the wiki
(https://code.google.com/p/texworks/w/list).

All the best,