[texworks] LaTeXmk issue with Mac OS X Yosemite (new OS)

Guillaume Cabanac guillaume.cabanac at univ-tlse3.fr
Sat Oct 18 22:47:46 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I am a happy user of TeXworks for Mac.  Unfortunately, since I updated to Yosemite (the new OS X), compiling with the LaTeXmk option in TeXworks does not seem to work any more:

 Latexmk: Run number 1 of rule 'pdflatex'
sh: pdflatex: command not found
Collected error summary (may duplicate other messages):
  pdflatex: (Pdf)LaTeX failed to generate the expected log file 'paper.log'
Latexmk: Did not finish processing file 'paper.tex':
   (Pdf)LaTeX failed to generate the expected log file 'paper.log'
Latexmk: Use the -f option to force complete processing,
 unless error was exceeding maximum runs of latex/pdflatex.

It is as if pdflatex (invocated from latexmk.pl) was not found in the PATH.
   ---> sh: pdflatex: command not found

Compiling from the terminal with latexmk works, though.

Could it be that when TeXworks launches latexmk.pl in a process, the environment is not set?  -- a change in how OSX handles processes?

Here are seemingly related info -> https://github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/388

A few friends reproduced this issue.  Does anybody know a workaround or something?

Thanks.

Best,

Guillaume