[texworks] Adding .xml to the list of file types that TeXworks will display from its "File / Open" dialogue box.

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jul 10 22:23:18 CEST 2014

Andreas Hirsch wrote:

> Isn't it Windows itself that points users to store their files into
> C:\users\... ?
>
> TeXLive only uses the enviroment-variable for the users home-dir
>
> I often tried to set the home-dir complete and consistent to another
> location but I never had full success and things went worse afterwards ...

Yes, you are probably right, Andrea  In that case, "shared blame" :
Microsoft, for still believing that the average computer user has
exactly one hard disc and one partition, and TeX Live for not knowing to
use the ...\AppData root rather than one level higher ...

** Phil.