[texworks] Adding .xml to the list of file types that TeXworks will display from its "File / Open" dialogue box.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 10 21:16:34 CEST 2014

On Jul 10, 2014, at 2:04 PM, Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Philip Taylor wrote:
>
>> Thank you / merci bien, Alain.  Unfortunately I am having great
>> difficulty locating that file.
>
> Eventually, by telling Windows 7 Search to search the entire system,
> I found it.  At :
>
> 	C:\Users\Chaa006\.texlive2013\texmf-config\texworks\configuration
>
> Very VERY naughty of TeX Live to create a secret subdirectory on
> the system drive, and to ignore the platform conventions of
> storing such things under ...\AppData.  Ah well.
>
> Anyhow, the most important thing is that IT WORKS :-)
> Many many thanks / merci bien, Alain.
>
> Philip Taylor

Howdy,

Most likely

kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFVAR

would point you there. It's the location where personal configuration information would be stored. I would guess TEXMFVAR is configurable when you install TeX Live from the script and that is the default location.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)