[texworks] shared library for synctex

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jul 9 23:40:35 CEST 2014

Dear Kohda-san, dear all,

> I got a bug in Debian which claimed texworks should use
> the shared library for synctex (Bug #753818).

Good idea!

> I'm not sure if this applies to the upstream or not but
> I'd like to report it here in case this is an issue of
> the upstream too.

Peter Breitenlohner has included a variant of the patch
we sent him in the upstream TeX Live sources, allowing to
build synctex as shlib.

Debian is already shipping this shlib, others will probably
follow over time.

> I attach an patch (I removed Debian specific so irrelevant
> parts).

I think this is a good idea to build TeX Works if possible
based on the shlib for synctex.

Thanks a lot for your work

Norbert