[texworks] Please help!

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Apr 8 23:22:53 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-08 at 20:27:01 +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

 > On 2014-04-08 at 20:15:35 +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 >
 >> Attached is the manpage:

I just recognized that a few other useful manual pages are not
available in PDF and thus not available to Windows users.

Usually all manual pages shipped with TeX Live are provided as PDF
files too.  However, pdftotext is one of the Xpdf command-line tools.
These tools are provided for Windows only.  Hence there are no manual
pages in TeX Live at all.

I've converted the manual pages to PDF and HTML.  For the time being
you can get them from my server

  http://ms25.x64.me/texlive/w32/xpdf-tools

but I hope that they can be made accessible to texdoc in TeX Live 2014.

Does anybody know whether MacTeX provides Xpdf?  The viewer itself is
not necessary because TeXWorks is based on it already but the
command-line tools are quite useful.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25