[texworks] Fwd: make index file and how to insert a figure (.ps file) into a document

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 11:02:55 CET 2014

Hi,

this mailing list is intended primarily for the discussion of the
TeXworks editor. For general TeX questions, there is, e.g., the texhax
mailing list (http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/texhax/).

Am 21.02.2014 10:34, schrieb SIAM Book Review:

>     Could someone help me with 'makeindex' work?
>
>     \documentclass{book,makeidx}

makeidx is a package, not a class, so you should use
\usepackage{makeidx}. Also, make sure you run (La)TeX and makeindex in
the correct order and sufficiently often.

>     What's missing here?

If you have a problem, please include a statement of what exactly is
wrong, preferably with error/warning messages (if there are any).
"What's missing" after all depends on what you want to get...

>     Also, I need to learn how to insert a figure (either .ps or .eps
>     files) into the document.

Have a look at the graphicx package or just search the internet. Google
turned up, e.g., http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Importing_Graphics.

Regards,