[texworks] modify hunspell?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 10:45:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 2013-09-16 21:20, schrieb Tim Arnold:
> I am using the English Hunspell dictionary with TeXWorks and I have
> defined some new commands that Hunspell doesn't know about.
>
> For example, \Href{somelabel}{Some Text} creates a hyperlink to
> 'somelabel' and displays 'Some Text' as the link  text. Of course the
> 'somelabel' is flagged as a misspelling.
>
> Has anyone here extended Hunspell somehow so it can understand new
> commands like that?

The spell checker is controlled together with the syntax highlighter
(you may have noticed that commands like \textbf are not flagged). The
syntax highlighter is configured in the file
<resources>/configuration/syntax-patterns.txt (where <resources> is the
TeXworks resource directory which can be located using Help > Settings
and Resources). There, you could add a line for \Href and disable the
spell checker for this command. How to do that is documented at the
beginning of the syntax-patterns.txt file.

HTH