[texworks] Building TeXworks with recent MinGW

Ignasi (UIB) nignasi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 13:07:39 CEST 2013

Hi all,

have you had any problem building texworks with recent mingw versions?

Due to problems with my computer I've started again following instructions
on

https://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/BuildingOnWindowsMinGW

My first problem arrives with MinGW installations, they now have a
graphical interface and
I don't find packages like gcc-full-*-mingw32-bin-2.tar.lzma. I've
installed what I thought was
a gcc and g++ compiler but I don't know if this is enough.

After that I've installed KDE and hunspell, both with recent versions.

When I started compiling I couldn't find qmake, I've KDE qmake but not
MinGW qmake. Do you know if i need it? I think so. Although I've added
C:\migw\bin to my path there is no qmake there so I suspect it was not
installed but i don't know where to find it.

Could you help me?

Thank you.

PS: I'll survive with MikTeX-texworks but I'd like to build my own binary.