[texworks] some questions about TeXworks

崔磊 cuilei1990 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 06:35:31 CEST 2013

Dear developer of TeXworks,
     I am a user of TeXworks from China and I really enjoy the convenience of editing TeXworks has brought to me! So I appreciate your efforts of developing such a wonderful software. But I have confronted two problems these days. First, when I use TeXworks to compile a file that contains both English and Chinese, the Chinese in the file cannot be shown on the PDF on the right side. Second, I am trying to use the spelling check function of TeXworks and followed the instruction on your website:Edit→Spelling→<language>, however, under the item of language. I cannot find anything. It shows 'none' there. So do I have to install a dictionary? Where can I find one?
   I am an art student who is not quite familiar with computers. So would you give me the instructions to solve the two questions above step by step? Thank you very much for you help.
    Best regards,
TeXworks User from China

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.4.5r1280 (personal)
Install location : /Volumes/TeXworks.0.4.5-1280/TeXworks.app
Library path     : /Users/Cuilei/Library/TeXworks/
pdfTeX location  : /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-darwin/pdftex
Operating system : Mac OS X 10.8.3 (Darwin Kernel Version 12.3.0: Sun Jan  6 22:37:10 PST 2013; root:xnu-2050.22.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64)
Qt4 version      : 4.8.4 (build) / 4.8.4 (runtime)