[texworks] Dictionaries for all users on Windows 7.

mike _ arizonagroovejet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:51:13 CET 2013

I'm looking at deploying TeX Live to Windows 7 machines which I
manage. I would like to include spell check dictionaries for use with
TeX Works in order to avoid the situation of ever user having to
install dictionaries themselves. I've searched and searched and am
left with the impression that it what I'm trying to do is impossible.

I've found the information at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/SpellingDictionaries but that
only covers putting spell check dictionaries in to each user's
profile, which is simply not practical for me.

Is there a way to make TeXWorks on Windows use dictionaries that are
located in a system location? If there is, will users (who do not have
Administrator rights) be able to make use of their own dictionary
files in addition to the system provided ones?

thanks,

mike