[texworks] Autocompletion with numbers

Timmy Timmy timmytimmytimmy7 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 20:00:04 CET 2012

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a simple way to allow the <alias> of a code-completion template to include numbers. In particular, I'd like to be able to use templates such as "x1:=x_{1}". At present, I use templates such as "xa:=x_{1}", but I would prefer to be able to use numbers because using letters sometimes clashes with other usages, and it can take a while to cycle through all the options. I looked through the files in "TeXworks/0.4/configuration" for a regex "[a-zA-Z]" that I could change to "[a-zA-Z0-9]", but didn't find anything. I am using TeXworks 0.4.3 r857 (MiKTeX 2.9) on Windows 7 (x64).

Thanks,
Alex