[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Aug 17 15:51:33 CEST 2012

On Aug 17, 2012, at 6:12 AM, stefano salon <ssalon at ogs.trieste.it> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a problem with compilation of the attached files, a template for
> submission to Physics of Fluids. TeXworks seems not to see the .eps file
> (also here attached).
>
> I googled a bit about this problem, seeing that it has been already
> encountered but I could not find a proper solution so far.
> Hope you could help me.
>
> Many thanks
> best

Howdy,

First, to include graphics your preamble should have the

\usepackage{graphicx}

command.

Second, How old is your TeX distribution? Recent TeX Live (and, I presume, MikTeX too) distributions allow pdflatex to convert file.eps to file-eps-converted-to.pdf on the fly and then that eps file will be included. If you have an older TeX distribution you will have to run latex->dvips->ps2pdf or use some other backend to convert dvi to pdf.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)