[texworks] Includegraphics Usage Question

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Mon Jul 30 21:23:02 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-30 17:34, William R. Buckley wrote:
> I have application for the
>
> \includegraphics
>
> command of TeX, which works in a problematic fashion.
>
> When the command is given as
>
> \includegraphics{J:/Work_Overlord/Writing/Papers/aminimalvonneumannconstruct
> or/TL_FourBit_DecodeTree0004crop.pdf}
>
> the resulting pdf contains the image I desire, though
> shifted to the lower right of the page.  This tells me
> that the image is not cropped correctly or it is not
> scaled correctly.  Hence, I entered this instruction
> instead
>
> \includegraphics[scale=0.5]{J:/Work_Overlord/Writing/Papers/aminimalvonneuma
> nnconstructor/TL_FourBit_DecodeTree0004crop.pdf}
>
> In response, TeXWorks compiler halts with
>
> \includegraphics[scale=0.5]{J:/Work_Overlord/Writing/Papers/aminimalvonneuma
> nnconstructor/TL_FourBit_DecodeTree0004crop.pdf}
>
> I looked into the command syntax online and found the
> URL
>
> http://amath.colorado.edu/documentation/LaTeX/reference/figures.html
>
> where is listed information suggesting that my syntax
> is correct.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> I use TeXWorks v0.3 (r.485) MiKTeX 2.8 copyright of 2009.
> OS is Windows Vista Ultimate on an i7 with 12Gb.
>
> wrb

(1) this might be a better question for the texhax mailing list, as it
is not directly a texworks question, but rather a LaTeX one

(2) provide a minimal example instead of a sniplet, then it is a lot
easier to figure out what you are doing.

(3) paste the exact error

(4) if possible, can others test the included pdf?

(5) is the PDF in your working directory? if it is don't give a full
path, some installations will not accept full paths

/daleif