[texworks] Embed fonts with ps2pdf - argument parsing problem

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:38:06 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-25 09:13, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
>>> Incidentally, I can tell the font is not embedded because the TW viewer
>>> helpfully does not display non-embedded fonts, allowing me to spot the
>>> problem instantly.
>>
>> The Tw previewer should be able to handle non-embedded (standard) fonts
>> (e.g., Helvetica). If it does not display those fonts, there is a
>> problem.
>> Where did you get Tw from? If MiKTeX, could you try downloading Tw from
>> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list?
>
> For this latest debug I had version 0.4.4 downloaded from the website.

OK. Then could you download and open
http://texworks.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/testcases/base14-fonts.pdf in Tw?
How does it look like?
Also, if you go to Window > Show > Fonts, what's the output of the list?
(since copying doesn't work well, could you post screenshots?)
And do you have files C:\Windows\Fonts\times.ttf,
C:\Windows\Fonts\arial.ttf, C:\Windows\Fonts\cour.ttf, etc.?

Regards,