[texworks] xubuntu

Jean-Claude Raoult JC.Raoult at free.fr
Mon Jul 23 12:17:36 CEST 2012

Le 23/07/2012 07:59, Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> [...] Personally, I usually advise against using the "official" Ubuntu
> channels as they usually don't get updated. If you want to be able to
> update TeX, and install only the packages you need, unfortunately you
> have to use other ways.
>> I shall now try to download "by hand";
>> but I noticed that TeXlive scatters its children here and there on the file
>> system instead of putting its files in a single directory. So I reckon it will
>> be difficult.
> Well, I'm not sure what you mean with "by hand". I used the method
> outlined at http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html. You only
> need to download one file, and it does everything else "automatically".
> The resulting files all went to /usr/local/texlive in my case (with some
> symlinks in /usr/local/bin).

OK, I have just used this same method, and tried to xetex a single line
(Ceci est un essai de xetex). Using TeXworks, I had the message:

This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9995.2 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt xetex.fmt

I can't find the format file `xetex.fmt'!

and using the terminal, with command line: xetex test
Ireceive the same message.
I checked, and found xetex.fmt in the directory
/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-var/web2c/xetex
and I added it to the working directories of TeXWorks.
No effect.
I asked: file xetex.fmt: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max speed.

???

Thank you for your help, anyway.

Jean-Claude Raoult