[texworks] xubuntu

Jean-Claude Raoult JC.Raoult at free.fr
Thu Jul 5 08:28:18 CEST 2012

	Hello,

		I downloaded TeXworks twice on a iMac (i386), once under Mac OS X, and it works fine, and once under Xubuntu, th light version of Ubuntu, on another partition of this same Mac. This last one does not work:
1) after clicking (twice) on  a file foo.tex, I get the answer "could not find TeXworks, no such file nor directory". Nevertheless, it exists under the chapter Accessories, and is showed there.
2) OK, I run TeXworks separately, load foo.tex and try to XeTeX it. The console writes: "could not find xetex.fmt" and stops.
I suppressed TeXworks and re-downloaded it with synaptic. Same disease, same messages.

The problem lies probably in the relationship between TeXworks and Xubuntu, but which ?

				Jean-Claude Raoult