[texworks] preferences etc.

Jean-Claude Raoult JC.Raoult at free.fr
Tue Jun 19 18:58:22 CEST 2012

	Globally, TeXworks works fine. But I have two problems with the interface (possibly related):
1) Even when specified in the preferences, the default composer is never XeTeX but pdfTeX. Ihave to re-specify each time, even though "The normal TeXworks workflow is PDF-centric, using pdfTeX and XeTeX as typesetting engines". (I never use LaTeX, only Plain TeX, or rather XeTeX)
2) I indicated an extra path to resource files in the preferences. Nevertheless TeXworks cannot find my macros and other files at this  place. OK, I put them in $HOME/.Texworks, but they are not found anyway.

When you click OK in the preference pane, are your preferences really saved ?
I downloaded TeXworks on my iMac 7,1 (i386) under Snow Leopard, and also on the same iMac under Xubuntu. Both have the same disease.

???

				Jean-Claude Raoult