[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Cameron, Peter cameron at bnl.gov
Mon May 28 17:53:10 CEST 2012

Newbie question – trying to get a figure to display using these commands
\begin{figure*}
\includegraphics[scale=0.7]{fig1cameron}
\caption{\label{fig:wide}A composite of electron impedances \cite{Apeiron4} (lower), four fundamental lengths (upper), and the coherence lengths (upper) of the 36 unstable particles with lifetimes greater than the $10^{-21}$ second Compton period of the electron. Coherence length is taken to be particle lifetime multiplied by the speed of light, the light cone, the boundary between local and non-local.}
\end{figure*}
When I push the green arrow with pdfLaTeX selected I get a nice pretty pdf of the entire document, including the rectangle bounding the display area and the figure caption, but the figure itself doesn’t display, just a line of text “fig1cameron-eps-converted-to.pdf”
Please, can someone tell me how to get the figure to display in the pdf. I can view the texworks generated pdf conversion fine in adobe reader.

Thanks,
Peter Cameron