[texworks] TW 0.5r998 crashes by changing previewer zoom level

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun May 6 14:54:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-05-04 10:43, Johannes Heck wrote:
> I’ve had my first crash with this version. I changed the zoom-level in
> my preview from “whole page” to the one in the middle of the toolbar,
> the preview began to flicker and than tw didn’t respond anymore.

With "flicker", do you mean it (the image of the pdf) was constantly
resizing, or it was disappearing and reappearing?
Also, is this reproducible? I.e., if you open the same pdf, go to the
same page, etc., and click "Fit to Width" again, does it flicker/crash
again?

> The strange thing is, that my changes were saved in the .tex-file
> anyway – after both windows didn’t respond anymore, I pressed CTRL+S
> and clicked on the greyed save-button, obviously with no response, but
> after re-loading my document, the changes were saved.

Strange, but good ;).

> Should I write a bug report?

I think there has been an issue about this (or something similar)
before, but I haven't been able to reproduce this, so I didn't find the
origin of the problem.
Anyway, Charlie and I are currently working on a revamp of the pdf
previewer which will internally work a little differently than the
current one. Hopefully, that will solve your issue automatically.

Regards,