[texworks] Call for Help: Testing for Tw 0.4.4

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 14:32:03 CEST 2012

Hi all,

first of all thanks to everyone who has tested Tw recently (and not
found any problems, I hope ;)).
There have been a few improvement recently, and most importantly I have
updated my Windows build environment. So here is a second call for testing.

Most importantly, there has been an issue
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=559) of syntax
highlighting disappearing shortly after opening a document. That should
hopefully be solved.

At the same time, please check if the disappearing line problem is still
solved (as the fix for issue 559 required some changes to code that may
have affected the disappearing lines issue).

Especially for Windows users: please check if everything works
correctly. Most notably, there were some changes to the way poppler is
built and where its fonts and encoding data are stored. I did a brief
test with the Tw testcases (see
https://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk#trunk%2Ftestcases) that
worked fine, but it couldn't hurt if you could keep your eyes open as
well. Other than that, the libraries have been updated to the latest
versions (which should not cause problems, but sometimes does).

Downloads can be found at:
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list (for Windows)
https://launchpad.net/~texworks/+archive/ppa (for Ubuntu)

If there are no new problems or fixes, I hope to release Tw within a
week or so.

Cheers,