[texworks] How to add own entries to Hunspell dictionary (maybe Mac only)

Johannes Knaus knauslists at freenet.de
Fri Apr 13 20:33:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

I don't know if this affects only Macs.

I managed to get spell checking to work on my Snow-Leopard-Mac by copying the appropriate hunspell dictionaries (.aff and .dic-files) to ~/Library/Texworks/dictionaries.
So far so good, but sometimes, I discover correctly spelled words are underlined red. These are obviously not in the dictionary. But how can I add them? When I right-click (or Ctrl-Click for Mac-traditionalists) the word I get some wrong suggestions and the possibility to ignore this word (if it's just this or all words like this in the whole text I don't know). But crucially I have no option to add that word to the dictionary.

How can one achieve this? Or does "ignore the word" imply for "all future texts" here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Johannes