[texworks] Call for Help: Testing for Tw 0.4.4

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:22:18 CEST 2012

Hi all,

after the call for translations, I guess this request does not come as a
surprise. We're currently heading for a release of Tw 0.4.4 in
mid-April, in time for its inclusion in TeXLive'12. Hence, I want to ask
everyone on this list (who is willing to participate) to give the latest
Tw 0.5 r979 a try (since that will become the basis of 0.4.4). Recent
builds for Windows and Ubuntu are available, with builds for the Mac to
come as soon as Charlie fixes some problems with his new Qt 4.8 build.

Particular things that were changed recently and would benefit from testing:
 * the log parser (which was rewritten, mainly by Antonia and Henrik, to
handle long filenames, latexmk, etc.)
 * search/replace (in particular multi-line copy-to-search and
copy-to-replace, but also replace w/ wrapping)
 * the disappearing lines problem is hopefully gone now
 * The issue http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=568
which I can't be able to reproduce at the moment

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Let's hope no new problems
turn up :).

Cheers,

Stefan Löffler                              Institute of Solid State Physics
Vienna University of Technology                         T: +43 1 58801-13815
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10 / A-1040 Wien                  F: +43 1 58801-13899
http://tinyurl.com/njcu47                                       DVR: 0005886