[texworks] Space as a hotkey

Ryszard Kubiak rhkubiak at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 08:51:01 CET 2012

Dear All,

I wonder whether the space character can be used as a hotkey
to invoke a script. I am thinking of writing a script that
would on the fly replace the space character with ~, depending
on a surrounding context.

A more general question would be whether TeXworks internals
allow the editor to be extended so that one could define
their own input method. For example, in Emacs many input
methods are defined for editing in various alpabets based
on just ASCII characters. Or, you think that such a feature
is better to be provided by external, keyboard layout tools?

Regards,
   Ryszard