[texworks] No executables in distributions

Andreas Hirsch cursus.publicus at sacrumromanumimperium.org
Fri Jan 27 16:32:46 CET 2012

Hi Vladimir,

quoting KALITVIANSKI Vladimir, [27.01.2012 12:27 +0100]:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I installed your TeXworks package, but it does not have the exe-files
> to do its job. The same happened to LEd LATEX editor and to WinEdt 6.
> I do not understand how it is possible not to have executables in the
> distributions. I verified all folders - ther are no necessary
> executable like latex.exe in LEd, pdflatex.exe in your case, etc.
> What is going on?

In all three cases, you did only an installation for an editor, not for
any TeX-System like TeXLive or MiKTeX.

Take a look at http://www.tug.org/texlive/ or http://www.miktex.org/

Andreas

--
'Computers are getting smarter all the time.
Scientists tell us that soon they will be able to talk to us.