[texworks] Wishlist for pdf previewer

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:50:01 CET 2012

Hi,

On 2011-11-01 01:17, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>  > Would a measurement tool work as well? For starters, this could be as
>  > simple as showing the cursor coordinates somewhere in the status bar,
>  > but could be extended to measure, e.g., the length or angles of lines.
>  > Rulers should be doable as well, but their implementation is probably
>  > not straight-forward when in continuous mode (as different pages may
>  > have different sizes and orientations) and possibly not very helpful on
>  > some cases (e.g., when wanting to measure something in the center of the
>  > page).
>
> Yes, a measurement tool would be fine.  And with marquee zoom you get
> a quite good resolution.  gv is showing the cursor coordinates already
> but what I'm missing there is to be able to change the origin and the
> unit of measure.

OK, a measurement tool is implemented now (on github, not yet ported to
the main Tw branch). The cursor coordinates are not shown (I'm not sure
if that is helpful, anyway?) but you can draw a line between any two
points on the page (with the option to snap to horizontal or vertical
lines) and it displays the length of the line, in the units defined at
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Useful_Measurement_Macros - hope
that's convenient enough, for starters, anyway. And it works with
marquee zoom ;). And the line can be edited (i.e., each of the two
endpoints can be adjusted independently, the line can be moved as a
whole, and the length updates dynamically).

Cheers,