[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 22 04:38:25 CET 2011

On Nov 21, 2011, at 6:29 PM, sigmundv at gmail.com wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 01:45, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>wrote:
>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Here's a bit more information. The information is mostly universal. The
>> only things that are Mac OS X and MacTeX specific are the section on using
>> Apple's distiller rather than Ghostscript and the location to place the
>> epstopdf.cfg file so that TeX can find it.
>>
>> Finally, the section on tif(f)->png conversion uses the `convert' utility
>> from ImageMagik to actually do the conversion.
>>
>> Both Ghostscript and the convert utility are installed by the MacTeX
>> installer by default.
>>

> Thank you for that write-up. Nice to know that I don't have to bother too
> much about eps or pdf. I generally save figures as pdf though.
>
> /Sigmund

Howdy,

Don't know what system you are using or what TeX distribution. That paper is about TeX Live with some special stuff associated with the TeX Live version installed by MacTex.

I suggest trying it and seeing if it works. Nothing terrible will happen if it doesn't work.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)