[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 21 00:02:33 CET 2011

On Nov 20, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Helber Dussan wrote:

> I think you just have to include the package epstopdf.
> Cheers
> H.
>
> On Nov 20, 2011, at 4:45 AM, Samuel Safran wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to incorporate .eps files in figures?  I get an error message when I do so.  Jpg files are correctly incorporated in the tex compilation and pdf output.
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Sam

Howdy,

I don't know how things are with MikTeX but with recent versions of TeX Live the graphicx package includes epstopdf package and pdflatex has the ability to automatically do a conversion file.eps->file-eps-converted-to.pdf and then include that .pdf file even without using -shell-escape (it uses a highly restricted form of epstopdf without -shell-escape). Whether this can happen is configurable so MikTeX may have it turned off. Oh... I believe you must have Ghostscript installed to use epstopdf.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)