[texworks] SCRIPTING: global __FILE__ now only available when debugger on?

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:57:13 CET 2011

Hi,

Here is something that appears to have recently developed.

I sat at a colleague's workstation setting up TeXworks for him, and some of
the scripts I gave him would not work.

Error message in Status bar suggested that the Qt supplied global __FILE__
did not exist.

Turned debugger on and everything worked with no errors.

Turned Debugger off, and script fails.

Seems any script locating the script's directory through __FILE__ no longer
works when the Debugger is off (eg .ui(s)). I don;t know when this started
but I am reasonably sure I have not had this happen at all before now. I
can not say what version of TW I last successfully  ran __FILE__ with
Debugger off I am sorry.

Is this a new Qt  4.7.3  feature (hmm), or something I should put on Tw
issues?

If it is (Qt) permanent, can I please request an global scope property
be added to scripting giving the script's full path and file name?

Paul

//TeXworksScript

//Title: Experimental TW