[texworks] Installing dictionaries for TeXworks

Sonja Burgmeister s.burgmeister at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:11:37 CET 2011

Hi!

I would like to use dictionaries with TeXworks under TeX Live 2011 portable
under Windows XP.
Available to me are the .aff and .dic files from Mozilla.
TeXworks is residing in
C:\TeXlive2011\bin\win32\texworks.exe
C:\TeXlive2011\texmf-config\texworks\
C:\TeXlive2011\texmf-dist\context\data\texworks\
C:\TeXlive2011\tlpkg\texworks\texworks.exe

Can I use the .aff and .dic files from Mozilla? (Else which ones?)

Can I place them at C:\TeXlive2011\tlpkg\texworks\dictionaries\ ? (Else
where to?)

How do I tell TeXworks to use those dictionaries?
Adding
TW_DICPATH=C:\TeXlive2011\tlpkg\texworks\dictionaries\
to texworks-setup.ini did not work, neither in TeXworks > Preferences >
Typesetting > Paths, and neither in
Start > Einstellung > Systemsteuerung > System > Erweitert >
Umgebungsvariablen > Benutzervariablen noch Systemvariablen.
(I'll try a translation: Start > Configuration > Control > System > widened
> environmental variables > user variables nor system variables.)

Many thanks!

   S. Burgmeister