[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Nov 13 21:37:01 CET 2011

Paul A Norman wrote:

> Does it warrant a turn-off-able auto-detection of Preferences, and
> throwing up an advice or launching the appropriate part of TeXworks
> help if there is no typeset engine set or detected in likely paths?
>
> Or would it be it too complicated to determine whether there is an
> appropriate typesetting engine in path or settings?

Given that TeXworks is called TeXworks, and that (in British
English, at least) "the works" is slang for "everything"
(as in "I'll have the works", when asked what you want for
breakfast), I think that making a very good attempt at
detecting whether or not a viable TeX system is installed
and callable would be a Very Good Thing [tm].

Philip Taylor