[texworks] Wishlist for pdf previewer

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Fri Nov 4 07:26:26 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Paul A Norman <paul.a.norman at gmail.com>wrote:

> >The best time to work on this would probably be alongside text selection
> and copy/paste.
>
> As in ...?
>  Bool*save <http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qimage.html#save>* ( const
> QString & *fileName*, const char * *format* = 0, int *quality* = -1 )
> const

You would want to use methods from QGraphicsView or QGraphicsScene to
render a given rectangle using a painter that is targetting a QImage:
 void*render <http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qgraphicsview.html#render>* (
QPainter * *painter*, const QRectF & *target* = QRectF(), const QRect & *
source* = QRect(), Qt::AspectRatioMode *aspectRatioMode* =
Qt::KeepAspectRatio )
Then the image could be passed to the clipboard.

 Thanks -bit question not relevant for now then - relates to the pixel
> depth format that the "image" as it were is being rendered at when returned
> by pdf renderer.
>
> Paul

Ahh... those decisions are still out of our hands. The bit depth of the
images is controlled by the rendering library---which is still Poppler at
the moment but could change to MuPDF in the distant future.

-Charlie