[texworks] Drop of Python scripting support

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Wed Nov 2 23:30:39 CET 2011

Le 31 oct. 2011 à 19:20, Stefan Löffler a écrit :

> Dear community,
>
> following some unfriendly [1] messages from people who claim to know
> Python, I have decided to drop Python scripting support from the
> binaries I build, effective immediately.

Hi Stefan,

Your decision is showing us that cross platform or cross system development
can require a fair amount of time/effort/energy...

A possible approach would be to develop a plugin architecture in Tw
and let someone else do the dirty job.

The plugin architecture is the second approach for mutability, after scriptability.
And mutability is necessary if you want the software to adapt to the user,
and not the reverse.

JL