[texworks] Wishlist for TeXworks 0.4.3+

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:17:40 CET 2011

On 2 Nov 2011, at 10:04, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> "The document ... has been modified.
> Do you want to save your changes ?", and assuming that he chose
> the "Yes" option (oddly called "Save", for reasons that seem to
> escape me)

For clarity. If the buttons in a confirmation dialog are labelled "Yes" and "No", the user has to read the message with more care to determine the sense of the question. In the context of closing a window, it could be "Do you want to save the changes to this file?", but it might also have been "Do you want to discard the unsaved changes to this file?", and the result of clicking "Yes" would be quite different in this case.

Having buttons labelled explicitly with the action that will result (as in "Save" or "Don't Save") may reduce the chance of mistakenly clicking the wrong one. Of course careful users like you or I would NEVER do that (right?!), but it's possible someone in a hurry, tired and frustrated at the end of a long day's TeXing, might confuse this dialog with another one that is phrased in a different way....

JK