[texworks] Wishlist for TeXworks 0.4.3+

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Nov 2 10:49:36 CET 2011

Paul A Norman wrote:

>     1) Select multiple lines, then tab, should indent selected lines.
>

> Crtl + ] (Shown on Format menu)
>
>     2) Select multiple lines, then shift+tab, should outdent selected lines.
>

> Crtl + [ (Shown on Format menu)

Thank you, that is useful information.  But I would expect
that, over time, TeXworks will attract an ever-increasing
number of former WinEDT users, and therefore it would much
ease their migration path if commonly usec features
(such as indent/outdent a selected range of lines) could
be accomplished by the same keyboard shortcuts in both.

Of course, given the parallel discussion on scripting,
if there is a standard way of changing key bindings in
TeXworks (and if there were, say, a TeXworks.ini file,
and/or an "emulation mode" menu), then that would more
than adequately address this point.

** Phil.